söndag 23 februari 2014

You dream of me, too / Sunday Music


If you haven't heard them yet, now you have. London Grammar is the name of the British trio formed by Hannah Reid, Dominic Major and Dan Rothman. Their debut album was released last fall. Hannah Reid's voice is quite bewitching. To me, it brings to mind Florence Welch's voice. And it's just as amazing live, just listen to the live on KEXP version. Which by the way is a favorite radio station of mine, based in Seattle.

So yeah, I'd planned to sleep until 11 AM today, but of course I woke up 7:45 and couldn't fall asleep again. The sun's out, so it ought to be a pretty nice day. And that's all there is to say. Seems to me like my weekends are quite tranquil haha... I get to charge my batteries. At 22 years of age I probably should be way more socially active in the weekends, but since last summer I just haven't really been feeling like going out and being social, at least here in Stockholm. I guess I'm just fed up with this place. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't feel like I belong here at all, you know? So I might as well spend the last half a year here doing what I like, resting and hanging out only with the ones that bring me joy. It's not that I don't like hanging out with a bunch of people, but lately I've realized that most of the time I feel better staying at home. Honestly! I mean, why hang out with people that don't contribute to any kind of joy? Ramble Bamble, end of story.


I'll allow myself to dream of London a little... I'm usually careful with letting myself do this, just in case it doesn't end up happening. I don't want to end up disappointed, so I always imagine the worst case scenario happening instead. BUT WHY? Because then the worst case scenario doesn't happen. At least it's never happened so far. But never say never. Anyway, I might as well daydream a little too. Laura's latest post really inspired me. Even though we still have half a year to go, it's started to feel quite real.






x
S

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar