söndag 16 februari 2014

Feels for music (10 songs, as requested by Sara)

Wow.. You really put me on the spot now Sara. See I don't do favorites. Because for me they are ever changing. But I was told to do 10 songs of anything. Aaah... I'll try.....

These are songs that through my life has moved me in different ways for different reasons.

First song that I can remember really moved me lyrically and musically was Damien Rice, Cannonball
He has loads of really great songs (Cheers darlin' will always be especially cherished after seeing him live. And 9 crimes also gives me the chills!)
But yeah. Cannonball. I was 15. My brother borrowed me the album "O" and I just fell in love.



HURTS, Stay. I think Laura sent me this one. I remember the feeling when I heard it for the first time, in my room blasting in my headphones. I was completely blown away, and I have loved the duo ever since.




Alexander Rybak, Song From A Secret Garden. This is a violin cover of a song by The Secret Garden. Completely instrumental. I have this sort of a music video type story that plays out in my mind every time I hear it. It always manages to calm me down if I'm stressed out or feel down.




Ed Sheeran, Lego House. I love all of his music, so it wasn't easy choosing one song. But this is a great one!

 


Fleetwood Mac, Songbird.. I'm quite shure this might be the first dance song at my wedding one day.




Kärleksvisan, Sarah Dawn Finer (The English version is called For A Friend). This was my brothers first dance at his wedding, as for many others in Sweden. The lyrics are perfect, but what makes this song even more special to me is that they asked me to sing it for them at the wedding. For me it was one of the best moments in my life.
This video is from when Sarah Dawn Finer performed the song for the Swedish crown princess for her wedding.




Längesen, Petter. Another Swedish one. Only more of a hip hop sound this time. I've cried so many times to this song.
He once said in a radio interview that the song was inspired by one of his favorite books, Love in the Time of Cholera.




I feel like I have to give you Shinedowns' cover of Simple man. When My brother started playing and singing this was one of the songs he did. I cried so much first time I heard him sing this. And when he sang it to me at at my graduation. He gets me every time. I'll put in his version of it here too :)
Shinedown has many other really good songs that I've always loved. 45, Save Me, If you only knew etc.





Now we are back in my "rock-days" The first band I started listening to was Seether. So what better song to share than Broken ft. Amy Lee




Hmm, last song. My brother shared this with me a couple of years back. Later it got a very personal story attached to it.
Jah Cure, Unconditional love





Okay so that was 10 songs! I feel so bad, there is so much more awesome music I would like to share.
But now I'm gonna be done with it, and try to get some sleep.

BYEAH!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar