söndag 16 februari 2014

Let's talk MUSIC

GIRLS: I hereby challenge you to post your 10 favorite songs.

Today's been nice. I slept until 10 AM, which was really nice. I usually wake up at around 7, true to my habits, so I'm always happy if I sleep longer. Weird enough. Why do I want to sleep longer when I wake up well rested and alert at 7 AM? Anyway. Yesterday was great, I died of laughter while watching White Chicks. I've seen it a bunch of times, but I still laughed so much my tummy hurt. 
Today I've been at the gym, surprise surprise, working my abs and then I had a couple of dance classes, house and dancehall.

Since Eve's pretty good at posting music I thought I'd share some music too. I'm going to share my 10 favorite songs ever. They're not in any particular order, so you know. Here we go...

1. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
I've loved this song since I was a kid. I found it on my stepdad's CD and have been into Massive Attack ever since. Love.



2. Jeff Buckley - Mojo Pin
Buckley's voice is so haunting. Hallelujah was probably the first song I heard by Buckley. Grace is an amazing album, and Mojo Pin makes me shiver every time I hear it.



3. The National - About Today (Can't choose only one, I have too many favorites. So I just picked one of my absolute favorites)
This is a band that really hits me on a lyrical level like no other band does. I have parts of their lyrics scribbled in every single notebook I have (and I have plenty of them).



4. Radiohead - Where I end and you begin
Radiohead's songs also hit me on a lyrical level. And Thom Yorke's voice. This song has the absolute best lyrics. EVER.



5. Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
No doubt one of the greatest songs ever written.



6. The Smiths - How soon is now
To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Smiths, but this song is absolutely phenomenal. I can never get tired of it.



7. Lupe Fiasco - Streets on fire
Weird choice, you might think, but I adore this song. There's this depth to it, this darkness, so great.



8. Burial
Can't go through this list without Burial. I had a hard time picking the song here too, but then I found this full album mix and thought... You might as well get the whole package. YOU'RE WELCOME. But since I have to choose one song, I'll choose Rival Dealer because that's the song I listen to the most at the moment.



9. Foo Fighters - Come Back
Foo Fighters was my favorite band when I was younger. I was supposed to go their concert a few summers back but I forgot. I had the ticket and everything. Well actually my friend had it and I was supposed to meet him up. On the day of the concert he called and I almost had a heart attack. I'd forgotten about the concert and was in another city hours away. TRUE STORY. #bitter



10. Evanescence - Lost in Paradise
Always tough picking the 10th song. There's a few to choose from. I could've gone with Jimi Hendrix, I could've picked a song by Kanye. It could've been Jump Around by House of Pain, something by Moby or Arcade Fire. But hey, here I am, baring my soul, admitting to absolutely loving this song and every other song ever written and performed by Amy Lee. Hello, little emo-Sara. I know you're in there. Her haunting voice... And the lyrics, the lyrics... AND the piano, obviously. One day I'm going to learn to play all of her songs on the piano.




So that's it. It has come to it's end. But this won't be the last song. Girls, I want your top 10. Right now.

Much love

Sara

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar