måndag 17 februari 2014

8 songs that changed my life

this will be a bit of a different take on the challenge sara gave me and eve. this will be a list of the eight songs that have changed my life. these songs are really close to my heart and because theyve really affected me i guess you can call them (some of) my favorite songs of all time. OK LETS DO THIS!

1. britney spears - ...baby one more time
oh my goodness. i was ten years old and discovered pop music. britney freaking spears. 'baby one more time' is also the first record i bought. she was my idol. i remember dancing and singing in front of my mirror. she's the reason i wanted to be a dancer. i know all her songs by heart. seeing her live would be a dream come true. she's the queen of pop.


2. the mars volta - inertiatic esp
now we jump to 2003. i was 14 and listened to my cousins mp3. found a band called the mars volta. i thought it was an interesting band name so i decided to check it out. my brain exploded. i had never heard anything like it. experimental music. it was so unpredictable. i loved it. and yeah. cedric bixler-zavals voice is one of my all time favorites. thanks to the mars volta i discovered other bands like system of a down and muse, which brings me to song number 3.


3. muse - sunburn
the first time i cried listening to music was hearing sunburn by muse. i dont remember the feeling i had when i heard it but this song deserves to be on this list because it was the first song that brought me to tears. 


4. thom yorke - reckoner
this is one of the most beautiful songs ive ever heard. i was very depressed for a long time and this may sound really corny but listening to this gave me comfort many times. made things seem less...hopeless. thank you tom.


5. burial - in mcdonalds
now we're getting to the good stuff! burial, the love of my life. i cant even begin to explain how much he means to me. his music is my inspiration. it represents my hopes and dreams. he is my favorite artist of all time. all of his songs are masterpieces. no one else makes me feel so many different emotions at the same time as he does. the thing about his music is, it gives you this feeling of hopelessness and sadness but at the same time you feel so comforted, like youre not alone. oh william i wish i knew you in person, i wish we were on the same path. id make you fall in love with me and we would be together forever.


6. burial & four tet - moth
most people get bored with repetitive songs but i dont. and how could i ever get bored with a tune like this. ive spent many rainy days in bed listening to this.


7. aether - makeshift sanctuary
this is just pure bliss. my desert island song. 


8. jeff buckley feat. elizabeth fraser - all flowers in time bend towards the sun
this is probably the most beautiful love song ive heard. im a huge fan of both jeff and elizabeth so its kinda funny that i actually heard this for the first time a week ago. but the thing is, this song was never released. i was just hanging out on youtube last wednesday and found it. and i have to say, it was quite possibly one of the greatest musical moments of my life




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar