onsdag 9 april 2014

De Nada


Lately I've been thinking about how people are so quick to try to label others and put them in a certain box. It seems to me that many people do this quite quickly and after deciding someone is a certain kind of a person, they'll stay as such a person no matter what the person does. Often they don't even bother trying to get to know that person better. I'm not sure I'm making any sense here. I suppose we're all more or less prejudiced. That's why first impressions are so important. And I'm not sure I'm good at making first impressions. In fact, I'm really not. I've heard weird comments of what people thought I was like before they got to know me. Especially back in school. Anyway, what I was supposed to say is that I've noticed that first impressions can be very wrong. It's so cool when you think you've got somebody figured out and they turn out to be something completely different. But that's the thing, you have to dig deeper to find out things like that. I think we all have so much more to say, there's so much under the surface. It's like a treasure hunt, really. We could learn so much from each other's experiences, stories, dreams, hopes, failures, feelings... And so, I suggest we all start devoting time to getting to know people around us. Neighbors, and old lady sitting alone on a bench in the park, people sitting next to you on the bus, whatever. Somewhere around the time technology came along we've lost the connection to the people around us. And I'm definitely a victim of technology, no denying of it. So this is mostly a note to myself. I think it'd be nice to somehow reconnect with reality. Real people. Real conversations. And enjoying it more than I enjoy scrolling down on my Twitter feed or on Instagram.

Or maybe it's just nicer ignoring everything and everybody so that you don't have to feel disappointed and being hurt and broken by the ruthless world around you.

x
Sara

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar